7/30/11
Dear Mrs. Zrihen,
I just finished reading the book Well Always Have Summer by Jenny Han. My favorite quote was definitely the one that wrapped up the whole book in a couple sentences. "It's a known fact in life that in life you can't have everything. In my heart i knew i loved them both, as much as it is possible to love two people at the same time. Conrad and I were linked, we would always be linked. That wasn't something i could do with. I know that now- That love wasn't something erase no matter how hard you try" -Belly. I picked this quote because i couldn't agree less with it!
This book has many literary elements in it, The genre of this book is Fiction since the sub genre of it is romance. There is a characterization between the old quiet younger belly and now the prettier, louder, & older belly. In this book Belly is the protagonist and Conrad is the antagonist. Conrad is mean to belly at some points of the book since they broke up and got into a huge argument.
This book took place in cousins beach, in the summer time of course. The weather was hot and windy at nights, which made the perfect summer days. The conflict was man vs. man either belly vs. Conrad or belly vs. her parents. The tone of this book was happy and annoyed at times. My mood was excided and mysterious to see what happens next !
I rate this book a 10 out of 10, although this book disappointing me at times, the last page completed my rating and made my obsession with this serie. I recommended this books to all my friends in camp. I recommended this book to all the girls out there that thought they aren't worthy enough for a boyfriend or any girl that thought they weren't worthy enough for a PERFECT boyfriend.
two stratagies i have been doing before i read this book was re read the last chapter of the last book and search up the vocabulary words incase i run into them again. two stratagies i have been doing while reading the book i skimmed & scanned through the book to find context clues.
the point of view is first person, using i and we or me. The authors purpose of this book is entertain us about young teen romances and there ups and downs. The pattern of organization is special order since belly says first, second , and third. using an order to do something.
Sincerely, your student Raheli Haliva.
Dear Raheli,
ReplyDeleteNice reader's journal! I think your reader's journal was good but i realized that at the end you forgot to capitalize I and the first letter in the sentence. I also liked the paragraph with the rating and recommendation(; hahaahaha! see you soon! goodd jobb....
love your camp friend,
Daniela Anidjar
Dear Daniela,
ReplyDeleteThank you ! & i did recommend you the book (:
hope we can go to camp together next year too!
LOVE YOU.
your camp BEST friend ;) .
Raheli Haliva
Dear Raheli,
ReplyDeleteGood job! I enjoyed the quote, it reminded me of Twilight, haha. I can not wait to read it. Can you relate to this book? Also, would you have liked to see Conrad and Belly stay together instead of breaking up?
Love,
Ioana Barbu
Dear Ioana,
ReplyDeleteThanks ! It reminded me of twilight too! haha & you should read the book its really good.
I won't tell you but happens in the last page of the book but you would like it!
Love,
Raheli Haliva